Budget Processing and Budget Release System – Finance Department Govt of Andhra Pradesh
Project Category: Governance
Sub Category: Government to Government (G2G)
Details of Programme /Project/Initiative:
Online software for preparation of Budget Estimates, Budget Release Order. Generation of bilingual Budget Volumes. Online report of receipts and expenditure. Monitoring of Reappropriation, Contingency and Additional amounts. Supplementary Budget preparation. Monitoring and processing of PD cheques. Online Bills Monitoring System of Works & Accounts and Pay & Accounts Office.
Objective: Online Process of Budget & Monitoring to build transparency and efficiency, accuracy reducing the human efforts and reducing time in preparing budget.
Target Group: Finance Department and other departments seeking budget from Finance Department.
Geographical Reach within India: All States including Government of India.
Geographical Reach outside India: N/A
Date From which the Project became Operational: 1-6-2011
Is the Project still operational?: Yes
Five points that make the Product/Programme/Project/Initiative/School innovative:
1. Push SMS service to all 66000 employees on salary paid.
2. Real time e-mail alerts to all concerned on stock of critical items for initiating action if need be.
3. Seamless Data flow on the weighment of coal at lorry weighbridges to SAP database no manual entry.
4. Real time Web interface to all Coal Customers, I&C on despatches, e-mails to Vendors on payments.
5. Mobile apps linking to SAP system.
Five key achievements of the Product/Programme/Project/Initiative/School:
1. Complete online processing of Budget Estimates and generating thirty Bilingual Budget Volumes.
2. Integrating three different databases treasuries using dblinks and displaying online live expenditur.
3. Generation of Digitally Signed Budget Release Order along with note file and upload it to Govt GOs.
4. Digitally signed Suo-moto Budget Release Orders made available on the first day of Financial Year.
5. Reappropriations, Contingency BRO, Additional AmountsReappropriations, Contingency BRO, BMS online.
Five key challenges faced while implementing the Product/Programme/Project/Initiative/School and how they were overcome:
1. Integration of two PostgreSQL and one Oracle database to display reports. DB Links were used.
2. Generation of Bilingual Budget volumes online in very short span of time. Used Unicode.
3. Understanding the adjustment entries to be posted in various head of accounts while fixing the budge.
4. Getting information from the end users about the requirement. Demonstrated using prototypes.
5. Pictorial display of budget information. Integrating jgraphs and other latest technologies.
Five points that make the Product/Programme/Project/Initiative/School replicable:
1. All the masters were made dynamic.so that it can be customised to any state.
2. Unicode is used to display data in local language.
3. The budget preparation in all states including Govt. of India is similar.
4. This application is developed using open standards.
5. This application is developed using open standards.
Five points to elaborate on the scalability of the Product/Programme/Project/Initiative/School:
1. This can be extended up to Drawing & Disbursing Officer who is directly responsible for expenditure.
2. Integration of databases of all treasuries where payments and receipts are actually done.
3. This application can be scaled up to Govt of India which is responsible for distribution of funds.
4. This application can also be extended to monitor the scheme / project wise progress.
5. This application can also be extended to monitor beneficiary wise fund utilization.