integrated Odisha Treasury Management System (iOTMS) – CMC Limited
Project Category: Governance
Sub Category:e-Governance Initiative
Reference No.: eindia2013/awards/268
Details of Programme /Project/Initiative:
iOTMS is full-fledged Information System that enables automation of various functions of treasuries and externalized services to stakeholders like FD, citizen, pensioners, Admin. Dept., AG(O), PSBs etc through its portal available on internet. It runs on an advanced infrastructure fully hosted at SDC Bhubaneswar, and having its Business Continuity site at DTI building.It is based on n-tier Architecture, and is browser independent.
Objective:1) Enhancing transparency in public finance. 2) Time and cost efficiency improvements in delivering and availing of ICT enabled services; 3) bringing the state closure to the citizen.
Target Group:The application is segregated into two versions. Treasuries can access the application through intranet. The internet application is accessible for ci.
Geographical Reach within India:The system was rolled out throughout the state of Odisha across all the treasuries in the state. Fu.
Geographical Reach outside India: As the services has been externalized through internet, it can be accessed anywhere outside India.
Date From which the Project became Operational:15-8-2012
Is the Project still operational?: Yes
Five points that make the Product/Programme/Project/Initiative/School innovative:
1. Online Payment (Tax/Due submission) through Treasury Portal
3. E-budget distribution
4. Works expenditure monitoring
5. Pension DB & Portal exclusive for pensioners’
Five key achievements of the Product/Programme/Project/Initiative/School:
1. 1. Transparency & Ease of use for payments
2. 2. Improved Citizen & Employee Satisfaction
3. 3. Visibility & Access on Information of state finance department
4. 4. Increase speed of the process
5. 5. Increase Accuracy
Five key challenges faced while implementing the Product/Programme/Project/Initiative/School and how they were overcome:
1. 1. Business process reengineering By amendments of treasury and financial rules the existing process
2. 2. Motivating Stakeholders Through frequent meeting and POC with stakeholders, to make them understa
3. 3. Stringent time for development & training Using experienced engineer having vast domain and techn
4. 4. Security It is verisigned secured portal, and also audited by AppIN. Application also taken care
5. 5. System migration Migration from distributed system to centralize without hampering service was a
Five points that make the Product/Programme/Project/Initiative/School replicable:
1. 1. Following government finance/treasury standards and guidelines.
2. 2. Using java/j2EE as development tool 3. 3. Module plug ability
4. 4. WSDL & XML based integration.
5. 5. Following CMM-I level 5 standards
Five points to elaborate on the scalability of the Product/Programme/Project/Initiative/School:
1. 1. Load Distribution a. Load Balancing b. Vertical Partitioning c. Horizontal Partitioning
2. 2. Queuing and Batches a. Incoming external interfaces through files are scheduled for batch upload
3. 3. Parallelize a. Multiple instance of batches of same type can be run together b. Multiple request
4. 4. Automation of Task a. No Human intervention required for batch processing, application processing
5. 5. Efficiency Increase a. Use of caching at Page, data (object), web content, master data avoids hit
Documents publishing URL:N/A